camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-camel-1.4
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 12:31:51 GMT
I'd be tempted to move them into another jar; putting them into
camel-core feels wrong (particularly as they are mostly legacy
*Support classes now).

FWIW there's a little camel-hamcrest library with the hope of adding
more helper classes for testing; I wonder if we put them there for
now?

2008/7/2 Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk>:
> Hi
>
> One of the problem could be that camel-core-1.4-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar is 500kb and it include
all the xxxTest classes that is used for unit testing camel core itself + the xxxSupport classes.

> What we want is to distribute a -tests.jar for end-users so they can easily unit test
their camel integrations.

> William want to move the xxxSupport classes into camel-core itself and not distribute
any -tests.jar at all.

> If doing this we should be aware that camel-core isn't bloating/growing in size as the
xxxSupport classes will reside with the core classes also.

> I will give a +1 if there are only very few xxxSupport classes. Then end-users doesn't
need to know how to add the test-jar in the pom.xml for easy unit tests. It's just there with
camel-core and junit.jar.

> But first of all we should probably try to fix the existing generated camel-core-tests.jar
to not include all the bloat, so it will be 7kb or so, and a proppert unit test support jar
for end-users.

--
James
-------