camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen">
Subject RE: Roadmap after Camel 1.4 release
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:55:06 GMT

Great move Gert with this roadmap mail.
I just wanted to comment on the current roadmap in JIRA with 1.5 and 2.0. I do think I going
a few months back assigned a lot of the unscheduled task for either 1.5 or 2.0. Please feel
free to move the tasks they are not set by stone.

Some of the stuff for 2.0 I feel should even be moved on some sort of "future" etc, for instance
the groovy and ruby DSL, it's a big task to add at least we also need all the documentation
and keeping the DSL up-to-date with the java. Just look at the Java and Spring XML where we
can't keep them reasonable in-sync.

What I would like to contribute for 1.5 in the short run is:
- improved documentation (great way for me to learn more)
- improve my tutorial (we need more entry level stuff also)

What I would love we did include in Camel 1.5
- improve core components: file and FTP (must have that these are outstanding, most integrations
do work with files)
- ease of use with webservices. The CXF stuff could be easier for new users to use. More and
better examples. Easier to use with POJO. I am sure Williem has great ideas here as well.

- encoding for byte type converters (I think it's to late to be introduced in 2.0)
- tracer to display the from node (help in diagnostics)
- close the gap between java dsl and spring xml as also noted by willem
- write more blogs about Camel (Isn't this a great way to attract people?)

Med venlig hilsen
Claus Ibsen
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning