camel-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failing Unit Tests
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 14:22:39 GMT
Hi,

There are still some tests failing.  If I were to build a new RC
today, I'd have to disable them.

As far as the "point of a unit test" goes, there are different schools
of thought.  In TDD for instance writing a unit test first (which will
fail until the feature is implemented) is not only accepted, but
encouraged.  As long as there is an issue to track it, I am personally
ok with disabling a test.  And actually we *do* plan to put fixes in,
we only need to prioritize.  And we highly welcome community
contributions in any shape or form, from wiki updates, comments on
issues, to unit tests and even fixes.

Many thanks for your contributions,
Hadrian