camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel-cxf - dataFormat configuration in spring xml
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:54:34 GMT
Hi Claus,

There is a way to set the CxfEndpoint's data format by using the
properties elements.
<cxf:cxfEndpoint id="testEndpoint" address="http://localhost:9000/router"
    serviceClass="org.apache.camel.component.cxf.HelloService"
    endpointName="s:PortName"
    serviceName="s:ServiceName"
    xmlns:s="http://www.example.com/test">
    <cxf:properties>
      <entry key="dataFormat" value="MESSAGE"/>
      <entry key="setDefaultBus" value="true"/>
    </cxf:properties>

Current camel-cxf is already support this feature last month , I should
update wiki page at that moment :(.

Willem
Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi Willem
>
> Well I am glad to back out in the world after 1½ year in the cage with an "enterprise
product" ;)

> I don't fully understand your answer. So I try with a few more questions.
>
> POJO is the default data format as I understand it. POJO is the java source code generated
by wsdl2java just as we know it from AXIS or similar products that does this.

> If for instance I want to work with the XML then I could use MESSAGE dataformat and use
xpath to retrieve my data?

> And RAW is good for logging what you got from the client etc? Can be used for dispute
between parties, such as client denying that they sent XXX but if you have logged the RAW
message then you can prove that they did in fact send XXX.

> So in Camel the only way to configure dataformat is to use the Java DSL with the very
long uri configuration?

> Shouldn't it be possible to configure CXF in Camel with XML? I would imagine that most
end-users of Camel and CXF would configure it using the XML?

> If so maybe we should create a ticket for Camel 1.5 so we can try to find a solution
to this?

> Med venlig hilsen
>
> Claus Ibsen
> Silverbullet
> Skovsgårdsvænget 21
> 8362 Hørning
> Tlf. +45 2962 7576

custom platform for the last 1½ years or so, where CXF wasn't possible to use.

>> Before the time AXIS was the dominating choice.
>>
>> I am working on my web example and have a webservice endpoint configured using spring
xml as below:

>>     <cxf:cxfEndpoint id="routerEndpoint" address="/incident" wsdlURL="/WEB-INF/wsdl/report_incident.xml"
>>                      serviceClass="org.apache.camel.example.reportincident.ReportIncidentImpl"
>>                      endpointName="s:ReportIncidentPort"
>>                      serviceName="s:ReportIncidentService"
>>                      xmlns:s="http://reportincident.example.camel.apache.org"
>>         />
>>
>> I was wondering that there isn't an attribute for dataFormat as there is in the camel
java DSL configuration. As it defaults to POJO I am set to go, but what if I want MESSAGE?