camel-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-camel-1.4
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 14:06:57 GMT

This problem only occurs for a very brief period, while a release
candidate is being voted.  When the release is done, the artifacts will
end up in the central Maven repositories, so the users won't run into
this.  During development, for SNAPSHOT releases, the artifacts are
published in the Apache Snaphot repository on a daily basis, so this
doesn't happen either.

There is no use in adding another repository to the example pom.xml just
for the 3-day duration of a release vote, but we could add a page to
'developers' section of the website, describing what steps to take for
testing/voting the release candidate: downloading and verifying
artifacts, building from source, running the examples, ...

Christian Schneider wrote:
> So what do you suggest? Should we add this to the wiki so people know
> they either have to compile from source or add this repository? Or
> should we simply add this repo to the example main pom.
> I think it could simply work then.
> Greetings
> Christian
> Claus Ibsen schrieb:
>> Hi
>> It's because camel 1.4 (camel-core-1.4.0.jar) isn't published to any
>> official maven repos yet.
>> You can add
>> as a maven repo to the pom.xml and it should be able to find a 1.4.0
>> release and run the examples.
>> Med venlig hilsen
>> Claus Ibsen

View raw message