camel-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-camel-1.4
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:08:43 GMT
I have just downloaded the release candidate and tried to run the examples.
When simply running the examples as described in
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/running-examples.html I still get the
error missing parent pom.

So I downloaded the src of the release candidate and did a quick build.
As maven exits with out of memory I added the maven opts to the wiki page.
With the maven opts set the build ran without any further problems.

When I then went back to the examples I was able run them like described
in the documentation.

If compiling from source will also be necessary when using the final
release we should add this to the running examples wiki page. If it is
only necessary for snapshots and release candidates we should at least
note that compiling fom source is necessary in this case.

Apart from that the distro looks great to me.

Greetings

Christian Schneider