camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-camel-1.4
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 13:33:49 GMT
I am OK for that.
If we put the *Support class into camel-hamcrest module , this module
should be on the top of build.

Willem

James Strachan wrote:
> I'd be tempted to move them into another jar; putting them into
> camel-core feels wrong (particularly as they are mostly legacy
> *Support classes now).
>
> FWIW there's a little camel-hamcrest library with the hope of adding
> more helper classes for testing; I wonder if we put them there for
> now?
>
> 2008/7/2 Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk>:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> One of the problem could be that camel-core-1.4-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar is 500kb and it
include all the xxxTest classes that is used for unit testing camel core itself + the xxxSupport
classes.

>> What we want is to distribute a -tests.jar for end-users so they can easily unit
test their camel integrations.

>> William want to move the xxxSupport classes into camel-core itself and not distribute
any -tests.jar at all.

>> If doing this we should be aware that camel-core isn't bloating/growing in size as
the xxxSupport classes will reside with the core classes also.

>> I will give a +1 if there are only very few xxxSupport classes. Then end-users doesn't
need to know how to add the test-jar in the pom.xml for easy unit tests. It's just there with
camel-core and junit.jar.

>> But first of all we should probably try to fix the existing generated camel-core-tests.jar
to not include all the bloat, so it will be 7kb or so, and a proppert unit test support jar
for end-users.