camel-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Claus Ibsen (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (CAMEL-653) Bean method lost when sending a message from one JMS queue to another
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:46:01 GMT


Claus Ibsen resolved CAMEL-653.

    Resolution: Fixed

Okay got it into the trunk now.

See JmsBeanMethodHeaderTest added to jms component unit tests
And there is also one for the file example as well.

Notice only dot to underscore is supported and the header key must still be a java identifier
to be accepted, so no other funny chars in the name is allowed.

> Bean method lost when sending a message from one JMS queue to another
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: CAMEL-653
>                 URL:
>             Project: Apache Camel
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: camel-jms
>    Affects Versions: 1.3.0, 1.4.0
>         Environment: Windows XP, ActiveMQ
>            Reporter: Bruce Elmore
>            Assignee: Claus Ibsen
>             Fix For: 1.4.0
> I noticed a problem in If Camel has read a JMS message from a queue
and that message has a bean method specified in the header ("org.apache.camel.MethodName"),
the method header will removed if that message is written to another queue. Here's the offending
>     protected boolean shouldOutputHeader(org.apache.camel.Message camelMessage, String
>                                          Object headerValue) { 
>         return headerValue != null && !getIgnoreJmsHeaders().contains(headerName)

>                && ObjectHelper.isJavaIdentifier(headerName); 
>     } 
> "org.apache.camel.MethodName" fails the check isJavaIdentifier and is excluded from the
headers written to the new message. I'm not sure the purpose of this check, but this might
be an unintended side effect. 
> The call chain is something like this: 
> JmsProducer.process 
> JmsBinding.makeJmsMessage 
> JmsBinding.appendJmsProperties 
> JmsBinding.shouldOutputHeader 
> Update: Experimenting later with WebLogic's JMS, I noticed that WebLogic (9.2) does not
allow this header name. Maybe this was the original motivation for this check. In order to
be compatible with WebLogic, perhaps the method header name should changed to something like
"CamelMethod". I believe this would correct both problems.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message