camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3 http related components
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:21:58 GMT
The JHC component is an http component which uses the new Http Components Core.
See http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core/index.html
The main goal is to be able to have non blocking HTTP requests, in
both server and client side, so it could be a replacement for both
camel-http and camel-jetty (camel-http handles the client side and
camel-jetty handles the server side).
Would could consider deprecating either camel-jetty / camel-http or
camel-jhc, but it would be nice to see some load / perfs testing
comparison before choosing I suppose.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In Camel we have 3 http related components
> - camel-jetty
> - camel-http
> - camel-jhc
>
> Jetty and http is used and documented on the wiki.
> Jhc seems to be outdated.
>
> Its created by gnodet (at least that is what javadoc tells - Maybe he could state its
purpose).

> /**
>  * Created by IntelliJ IDEA.
>  * User: gnodet
>  * Date: Sep 7, 2007
>  * Time: 8:06:42 PM
>  * To change this template use File | Settings | File Templates.
>  */
>

> I am just quickly creating this thread to start a discussion of this component. Maybe
we should improve and fix it if it has a purpose, or we should consider removing it or move
it to a sandbox.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet