camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject RE: Deprecating old methods and changing the default error handler
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:21:29 GMT
Hi Gert

Great insight. And sorry about the problems with the API breakings. We should target all the
"fix the tangle etc." tickets to Camel 2.0, so there wont be another API breaking.

+1 for that one

Do you have a list at hand what the API breaking were between 1.3 and 1.4? We should at least
document this in the release note that there can be API breakings.

+1 of course for the dead letter channel as well. We cant have them being retried 6 times
within 1 sec. Interval and then just stoved away in a log ;)

Maybe somekind of INFO/WARN level when the route context is created/started that the DLC is
NoErrorHandler so end users will notice that they might haven't thought/set a error handling
strategy fitting to their needs.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet