camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Roman Kalukiewicz" <roman.kalukiew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r656223 - /activemq/camel/trunk/components/camel-sql/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/sql/SqlEndpoint.java
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 12:09:43 GMT
2008/5/14 Claus Ibsen <ci@silverbullet.dk>:
> Rom,
>
> Just noticed from the commit mail:
> Shouldn't we program against interfaces. If not mistaking DefaultExchange is the implementation
of Exchange:

> So:
> Consumer<DefaultExchange>
>
> Should be:
> Consumer<Exchange>

You are right. In fact I was not sure what this parameter means here
;) . I will just remove the generic parameter, as James summarized
them as PITA anyway and we have an issue to remove them in
Expressions, Predicates and Processors (CAMEL-507).

I know that I somehow extended what James said, but I think we should
also remove those generics from Endpoints and from
Consumers/Producers.

In many cases we don't have those generics right now, and it would be
easier to remove them in future.

Roman