camel-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@skynet.be>
Subject Re: Camel and SCA
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 08:04:09 GMT
Vasil,

I'm not an SCA expert at all, but...
If you want to use Camel inside an SCA component, I think you should be
able to Tuscany's implementation.java or implementation.spring to do
this.  If you hide the interaction with the other components behind a
Java interface as usual, it shouldn't matter if implementation is Camel
or any other Java code.  You can choose to specify the Camel's routes in
a java class or a Spring configuration file and use that inside your SCA
component.  Camel itself is just a JAR file you have to include in your
(not sure about the terminology either) SCA composite.  It shouldn't be
too hard to have synchronous execution in Camel -- just avoid the
typical asynchronous concepts as seda: endpoints and you should be fine
there.

Suppose we would build a more specific implementation.camel for Apache
Camel, what additional features would you expect from that implementation?

Gert