camel-dev mailing list archives

From "Claus Ibsen" ...@silverbullet.dk>
Subject Camel component prefix how does Camel resolve it
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 13:02:45 GMT
Hi

I am working on CAMEL-447 to update our component so its up-to-date and that we have all the
URI protocol prefixes (tcp, mina, seda, direct etc.) that does all the magic discovey of the
component to use.

There are some gaps on the list as I wanted to

-        add what artifcat or whatever camel-xxx.jar you need to use this component, so I
added a column for this

-        add missing components or protocol prefixes that are missing for the existing components.

Since I could not find a suited component for esper and fix etc. (TODO on the list) I was
quickly trying to find out how Camel does the trick to know what to do.

Anyone with the knowledge care to elaborate how its done?

I know about the special marker files in the META-INF/services/.../component folder.

But since there is no esper, fix etc. file I was wondering how this works.

Also how does it works for some of the camel-jms stuff so it knows that activemq is jms etc?

The component list with the new columns is here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Component+List

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen

Silverbullet