camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Camel 1.3.0-RC3 is out
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:31:45 GMT
On 27/03/2008, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another release candidate of apache camel is out.  There are 155 new
>  features, improvements and bug fixes in the apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3
>  release.  We believe this will actually become the official 1.3.0.
>  Please give it a try and let us know how it worked for you.
>
>  Please find the binary distribution here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~hadrian/apache-camel-1.3.0-RC3/maven2/

Damn - the user guide isn't in the doc dir :(

I tried downloading the nightly distro
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/camel/apache-camel/1.3-SNAPSHOT/

and its not there either.

After some investigation it seems like its a bad princexml
installation causing the problem. I've updated the maven-html-to-pdf
plugin to be more explicit about the command line its running - so you
can fix the problem on the command line without having to run a full
build.

If running the Camel Manual moule you get something like...

28-Mar-2008 04:24:45	[INFO] Stored: /opt/​Bamboo-1.2.4/​xml-data/
build-dir/​CAMEL-ND/​tooling/​camel-manual/​target/​site/​manual/
camel-manual-1.3-SNAPSHOT.html
28-Mar-2008 04:24:45	[INFO] Converting to PDF with prince...
28-Mar-2008 04:24:56	[INFO] [prince] prince: internal error: no available fonts
28-Mar-2008 04:24:56	[ERROR] PDF Conversion failed due to return code: 1

Then thats the reason for the missing PDF.

The magic error message is: prince: internal error: no available fonts

this basically means there's no fonts installed. From this page...
http://www.princexml.com/doc/6.0/troubleshooting/#missing-fonts

it seems like we need to make sure we install msttcorefonts
http://www.princexml.com/doc/6.0/fonts/

to ensure the build works. These are the instructions to install fonts
on fedora apparently
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installfonts

You can test the install by typing on the command line...

prince tooling/​camel-manual/​target/​site/​manual/
camel-manual-1.3-SNAPSHOT.html manual.pdf

and see if it works.

I wonder can you experiment on your box a bit and see if you can get
PrinceXML working please? We've got a great PDF user guide, it'd be
such a shame not to include it in the release.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration