camel-dev mailing list archives

From humax <>
Subject Integrating Syslog protocol in Camel
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:16:49 GMT

Hi Camel riders!

Well, I thnk that there is no topic in the forum about the Syslog protocol.

I think that Camel can not receive directly Syslog events (well at least
receive them as Syslog events) but it can receive datagrams with MINA and
after that transform the raw data into a Syslog Event Bean.

Syslog is widely used in Unix environments and there are son tools to use it
in Windows. The protocol is pretty generic so, with a little bit of
imagination we could think of lots of different uses of an Event Messaging
Protocol suitable for Application Events, System Events, etc...

Nice, isn't it?

Well, here is some formal documentation about Syslog:

Wikipedia Definition for Syslog:
The RFC for the protocol:

Let me know what you think guys!
Sent from the Camel - Development mailing list archive at

View raw message