camel-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a few comments on SedaComponent
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 08:42:24 GMT
> What about using vm:// and using a flag instead of a different
> protocol to control the fact that the queue is global (currently,
> vm:// is the same as seda, but queues are global in the jvm) ?
> Else, I guess memory-queue:// will do it.

Currently the only real difference between vm://foo and seda://foo is
that vm://foo is shared among other camel contexts in the same
ClassLoader; whereas seda://foo is local to the current CamelContext.
So they are both using a memory queue I guess; so calling seda:// a
memory queue might be confusing.

So how about local:? i.e. vm://foo is vm-wide (in the same
classloader) and local://foo is local to the current CamelContext only
(i.e. no other CamelContext can see the same memory queue).

--
James
-------

Open Source SOA