camel-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Andreas Hegle <he...@businesscape.no>
Subject File-component will not find new files and lock does not work
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:51:28 GMT
Hi everybody

I am using Camel 1.1.0, and have discovered an error in the file component.

When using the file-component without any options like this:
from("file://C:/Test/temp/testfolder").process(new TestFileProcessor());

Everything works according to specification

However...

When I add locking = false like this
from("file://C:/Test/temp/testfolder?lock=false").process(new
TestFileProcessor());

The files found are still locked (as they are copied to the .camel
directory.)

If I use the noop=true-option like this
from("file://C:/Test/temp/testfolder?noop=true").process(new
TestFileProcessor());
The file-component will only find files which are present in directory
at first scan, not files copied into directory after startup

If I use both lock and noop like this
from("file://C:/Test/temp/testfolder?lock=false&noop=true").process(new
TestFileProcessor());

The locking-option works fine (the file is not copied to .camel
sub-directory), however, only the component only finds files present at
startup, it does not find files copied to the directory after initial
poll is not detected.

So, for me it seems like there is a problem with the lock-option when
lock is used as the only parameter, and there is a problem with the
noop-option (as it only reads files on first scan)

Have anybody the same experience or can anybody help me to sort this out?

Regards. Ole Andreas Hegle, Businesscape AS

However, I would