camel-dev mailing list archives

From Willem Jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal for the CXF and Camel integration
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2007 02:38:00 GMT
Hi All,

I'd like to do some work of CXF and Camel integration. After talked with
James , I got two typical user scenario here:

I. Using  the Camel as a mediation, CXF endpoints and Camel router are
in the separated JVMs
*  Camel message -> CXF server
The message flow could be:
Camel consumer [Camel message] -> (processors ...) ->CXF producer (CXF
conduit) -> CXF server

*  CXF client -> Camel message -> CXF server
The message flow could be:
CXF client -> Camel consumer [Camel message] -> (processors ...) ->CXF
producer(CXF conduit) ->CXF server

II. Camel is embedded into CXF as a transport implementor, CXF and Camel
are in the same JVM
It looks like Camel will take the charge of other camel endpoints life
cycle.

* For the CXF client which use the Camel transport
The message flow could be
CXF client [CXF message]-> Camel transport [Camel message]-> Camel router
The Router part message flow could be
Camel consumer [Camel message] ->  (processors ...) ->  Camel Services
or other Camel Producer

* For the CXF Server which use the Camel transport
CXF Service (create destination message observer) -> Camel transport ->
Camel router
The Router part message flow could be
Camel consumer [Camel message] ->  (processors ...) ->  Camel producer
-> CXF message observer [CXF message]

Any thoughts?

Willem