calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Chan <yuzhao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Extension of Metadata Query
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2019 07:19:23 GMT
>  I don’t trust the typical Calcite user to be able to write a sub-class that works
correctly and efficiently.

People who sub-class RelMetadataQuery are almost those who has deep customization of the calcite-core,
for example, the MaxCompute or the Apache Flink.

We may assume that it is not that easy to implement a perfect extension of RelMetadataQuery,
but let’s open this chance to them, give them the freedom to extension, we should have the
confidence.

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年10月22日 +0800 AM9:58,dev@calcite.apache.org,写道: