calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Chan <yuzhao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Support Sql Hint for Calcite
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2019 02:11:22 GMT
Thanks Julian

> I am skeptical that RelWithHint will work for large queries.

For “skeptical” do you mean how to transfer the hints during rule planning ? I’m also
not that confident yet.

> How do we introduce it in a reversible way
Do you mean transform the RelWithHint back into the SqlHint ? I didn’t implement it in
current patch, but I think we have the ability to do that because we have a inheritPath for
each RelWithHint, we can collect all the hints together and merge them into the SqlHints,
then propagate these SqlHints to the SqlNodes.

> What are the other options?
Do you mean the way to transfer hints during planning ? I have no other options yet.

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2019年10月16日 +0800 AM8:03,dev@calcite.apache.org,写道: