calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Neha Saini <sain...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Calcite - Model - MongoDB view
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2019 06:20:25 GMT
Hi Team,

Gentle reminder!

Regards,
Neha Saini

From: Neha Saini
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:30 PM
To: dev@calcite.apache.org
Subject: Calcite - Model - MongoDB view

Hi Team,

Greetings for the day.

I am working as a technical architect in HCL technologies.
I am doing a PoC on Apache calcite.

Using MongoDB adapter I want to use calcite sql parser on mongo db database.
I am stuck at a point and need your help in the same.

My data in Mongo DB has following structure:-
{
                                "_id": "tt0772249",
                                "title": "Palaces of a Queen",
                                "type": "movie",
                                "year": 1967,
                                "crew": [{
                                                                "name": "Micael Calunga",
                                                                "role": "actor"
                                                }, {
                                                                "name": "Jordon Zonotti",
                                                                "role": "actress"
                                                }
                                ]
                }

I want to create view with column title, year, crew.name
But in modql.json , I am not able to MAP array of objects, like crew.name 0th element, or
nth element.

"tables": [
{
          "name": "movie",
          "type": "view",
          "sql": "select cast(_MAP['title'] AS varchar(100)) AS title, cast(_MAP['year'] AS
varchar(4)) AS year,  cast(_MAP['crew.name'][0] AS varchar(20)) AS crewname from \"mongo_raw\".\"movie\""
        },

In the GIThib code, we have zip example, but zip file is a flat json, but json I am using
is embedded  , hence not able to use the example.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Regards,
Neha Saini

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain
viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall
therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions,
if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect
the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior
written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any
email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.