calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Chuang <francischu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hotfix release for CALCITE-3347 ?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2019 20:57:20 GMT
The last release was in mid-September, so if we follow our current
cadence of roughly 2-3 months per release, the next release would be in
November/December.

We currently don't have a release manager for the next release [1].

Usually, we don't do patch releases for Calcite, so we tend to bump up
the minor version (the next release will be 1.22.0). It does not make a
material difference, for example, we had Avatica 1.14.0 followed by
1.15.0 after 2 weeks due to a show stopper bug.

I think if someone wants to be release manager for 1.22.0, it should be
possible to have a release out in the next couple of weeks.

Francis

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@calcite.apache.org:lte=1y:release%20manager