calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Chan <yuzhao....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query hints support and example of extended SQL syntax
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2019 09:45:06 GMT
Thanks, Vladimir ~

Yes, Calcite does not support hints now but we start working out a framework to let user customize
the content of their hints implementation. I have written a design doc[2] and fire a PR[3].

We did have a long discussion about the design, and I think we can merge the code soon.

Let me know If this syntax of framework satisfy your needs, thanks ~

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-482
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mykz-w2t1Yw7CH6NjUWpWqCAf_6YNKxSc59gXafrNCs/edit?usp=sharing
[3] https://github.com/apache/calcite/pull/1354

Best,