calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Are named parameters supported in Calcite?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 19:29:47 GMT
Calcite/Avatica does not support named parameters because as far as I know JDBC and ODBC do
not.

I am open to the idea of supporting them. I think it would require changes to both Calcite
(for the parser & parameter metadata) and Avatica (adding name to parameter metadata).

Can you create a JIRA case, including a specification for how these work such as the SQL syntax
for named parameters.

Julian

> On Mar 5, 2017, at 2:03 AM, F21 <f21.groups@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Go 1.8 has been released recently and it introduces some new features and interfaces
for the database/sql package which I maintain the Go avatica driver for. I am currently working
on introducing these new features to the Go driver.

I've search JIRA as well as language reference here: https://calcite.apache.org/docs/reference.html

> From my understanding, this does not appear to be supported in Calcite, but it would
be cool if this can be confirmed :)