calcite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Haohui Mai <ricet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Towards Calcite release 1.12
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 18:29:22 GMT
Hi Julian,

I think CALCITE-1615 is not on the list. Can you please double check?

Haohui
On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 9:49 AM Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:

> First draft of release notes:
> https://github.com/julianhyde/calcite/blob/branch-1.12/site/_docs/history.md
> <
> https://github.com/julianhyde/calcite/blob/branch-1.12/site/_docs/history.md>
> (contains commits up to 12 days ago).
>
>
> > On Mar 8, 2017, at 9:16 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. That last change should be fairly low-risk, so we should be able
> to move to an RC and vote soon afterwards.
> >
> > Committers, Let’s try to stabilize. I propose we get any “risky” changes
> in by the end of the weekend.
> >
> > By the way, I volunteer to be release manager.
> >
> > Julian
> >
> >> On Mar 8, 2017, at 2:53 AM, Remus Rusanu <rrusanu@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> We have only one issue left to resolve, the materialized views RelNode
> cloning into a new planner. I expect to have a resolution by end of this
> week, so the all-done ETA from me would be mid-next week, let say March 15.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> ~Remus
> >>
> >> On 3/7/17, 5:08 PM, "Julian Hyde" <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >>   Remus,
> >>
> >>   Do you have an ETA for HIVE-15708? Just a guess is fine, but it helps
> the rest of us know when this release is likely to drop.
> >>
> >>   Julian
> >>
> >>> On Feb 28, 2017, at 10:57 AM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 1:40 AM, Remus Rusanu <rrusanu@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
> >>>> Put on hold, for how long?
> >>>
> >>> Until someone chimed in with their time constraints, as you just did.
> :)
> >>>
> >>> We make decisions on-list, but for that we need people to provide
> >>> information on-list.
> >>>
> >>>> [We] did not yet have a 100% successful run for HIVE-15708,
> >>>> but we're close and once we have the changes ready, we
> >>>> cannot do the move unless Calcite does the release.
> >>>
> >>> What's your best guess for when HIVE-15708 will be fixed? We will
> >>> start the RC vote after that.
> >>>
> >>> Julian
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message