calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documentation around writing a custom cost factory
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 19:01:39 GMT
You’re talking about RelOptCostFactory, right? I don’t think there is any documentation.
Sorry.

I found this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/optiq-dev/Q0_ix4fyivs <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/optiq-dev/Q0_ix4fyivs>

Julian

> On Feb 28, 2017, at 10:29 PM, Hussain Pirosha <hussain.pirosha@impetus.co.in> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was looking for some documentation/example on plugging in a cost factory.
> Once the logical plan is converted to actual execution plan,  what all api's are used
by the planner in calculating cost.

> Any pointers regarding the working of cost factory and how it is used by a planner shall
be helpful.

> Thanks,
> Hussain

interception or interference.