calcite-dev mailing list archives

From F21 <f21.gro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are named parameters supported in Calcite?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 21:35:36 GMT
Thanks, Julian.

I have opened CALCITE-1671[0].

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1671?jql=project%20%3D%20CALCITE

On 7/03/2017 6:29 AM, Julian Hyde wrote:
> Calcite/Avatica does not support named parameters because as far as I know JDBC and ODBC
do not.

> I am open to the idea of supporting them. I think it would require changes to both Calcite
(for the parser & parameter metadata) and Avatica (adding name to parameter metadata).

> Can you create a JIRA case, including a specification for how these work such as the
SQL syntax for named parameters.

> Julian
>

>> On Mar 5, 2017, at 2:03 AM, F21 <f21.groups@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Go 1.8 has been released recently and it introduces some new features and interfaces
for the database/sql package which I maintain the Go avatica driver for. I am currently working
on introducing these new features to the Go driver.

I've search JIRA as well as language reference here: https://calcite.apache.org/docs/reference.html

>>  From my understanding, this does not appear to be supported in Calcite, but it would
be cool if this can be confirmed :)