calcite-dev mailing list archives

From deepak pushpakar <deepak.pushpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Date Functions in calcite - MONTH($date)
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 16:55:50 GMT
Hello Calcite Developers,

   We are using Calcite for validation and parsing of hive queries. When we
try to include a MONTH() function in one of the select columns the query,
the query fails telling that it is not expected. I went through the code
base of 1.4.0 and 1.50 trying to understand what I can do myself by doing
some change and building it. I also found that MONTH function is not yet
implemented (mentioned in the calcite website.
Any help appreciated.
Example query:
SELECT MONTH($DATE_COLUMN) AS MONTH_ID, COUNT($DATA_COLUMN) AS NUM_RECORDS
FROM $RECORDS_TABLE WHERE $COL1 = 'SOME_VALUE' GROUP BY MONTH_ID ORDER BY
NUM_RECORDS;

Thanks
Deepak Pushpakar