calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: missing confluence page ?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 10:00:52 GMT
Calcite does not have a confluence space set up. I don’t believe it is mandatory (although
I might be mistaken). It seems to me that it is easy enough to edit the markdown pages in
site/_docs. The results are not posted immediately, but it seems appropriate that the online
content goes through some curation (i.e. a committer). Wikis  in my experience can become
a sprawling mess.

Don’t edit howto.html; edit site/_docs/howto.md in git. Submit a pull request and someone
will re-publish the site.

If you want to preview changes to the site (strictly optional) this page explains: https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/master/site/README.md.

Julian

> On Dec 2, 2015, at 10:26 PM, Sree V <sree_at_chess@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi Julian,
> I thought it is mandatory to create confluence space when on boarding as an apache project.Is
it intentional, not to have confluence space for calcite ? or is it missed out ?
> howto.html is a one huge page.  it is taking quite a time to edit it.it is also risky
to edit such a long file.

> Please advise.
> Thanking you.
> With Regards
> Sree
>

>    On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 11:45 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>

> We don’t use confluence. This kind of stuff goes in the HOWTO http://calcite.apache.org/docs/howto.html,
which is generated from site/_docs/howto.md. Edit that file and submit a pull request.

> Julian
>

>> On Dec 1, 2015, at 11:26 PM, Sree V <sree_at_chess@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Updated my findings as comment on the jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-994I
am looking into the issues further.Also, I am making notes and screenshots as I proceed with
the eclipse setup.

?