calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject SQL on Storm
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 20:01:28 GMT
For anyone interested in streaming SQL: I see that Storm’s implementation of streaming SQL
using Calcite is making progress. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1040 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1040>.

In my most recent comment on that case I raised the idea of creating a TCK for streaming SQL.
(Basically, a set of tests that live in Calcite but can be used by any engine.) I would love
to hear from people using Calcite for streaming SQL — Storm, Samza, potentially Flink, and
others — if they would like to collaborate on this.

I believe you all should be striving to produce a better implementation of streaming SQL,
not to write your own specification!

Julian