calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: explain
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 22:06:26 GMT
Regarding (2). I think you're asking for contradictory things.
"WITHOUT IMPLEMENTATION" gives you the plan as it comes out of the
sql-to-rel converter. "WITH IMPLEMENTATION" gives you the best plan
chosen by the optimizer. Since Logical rels don't have a cost the best
plan is never going to be in terms of Logical rels.