calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support to reset an option
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2015 02:05:41 GMT
I believe that "ALTER <scope> SET …” is parsed in Calcite’s base parser, even in
when Drill has extended the parser. (Note that Drill never calls “new SqlSetOption”.)
So you should fix this by fixing the base parser. Maybe you could represent “RESET” as
a SqlSetOption whose value is null (not the NULL SQL literal).

Julian

On Jul 27, 2015, at 6:50 PM, Sudheesh Katkam <skatkam@maprtech.com> wrote:

> Hello developers,
>
> To support these statements as part of Apache Drill's SQL parser extension:
>
> ALTER SESSION RESET `option name`
> ALTER SYSTEM RESET `option name`
> ALTER SESSION RESET ALL
> ALTER SYSTEM RESET ALL
>
> I added the required implementation files, including changes to the config file (keywords,
statementParserMethods fields). However, I get a ParseException because the parser resolves
to SetSqlOption statement, which I assume is due to a lookahead of 2. How do I go about resolving
this?