calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 1.4
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2015 20:34:35 GMT
An update on my progress.

I’m not going to complete 751. When I run it in the Volcano planner, I run into issues with
metadata (specifically detecting unique keys) over cyclic graphs. Cyclic graphs are a fact
of life in Volcano, and the stats system needs to be made robust enough to work on them, but
it will not be finished in time for the release.

My plan is to commit 751 in a more limited form so that you can use AggregateJoinTransposeRule
in the Hep planner but not Volcano, and complete 751 and 794 next release.

783 has been fixed.

There is a patch for 705 which I need to review. If the patch isn’t ready, we can push to
next release.

I am waiting for Vladimir to review my patch for 806.

We still need fixes for 687, 741, 743.

We should defer 747.

When 751 is in (today or tomorrow), I think we should push a snapshot and ask people to test
against it.

Aman, How are you on 714? We could accept this up to a couple of days after stabilization
starts.

Julian

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-687 Make
RemoteDriverTest.testStatementLifecycle
thread-safe
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-705 AvaticaStatement
execute method to support DML
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-714 Decorrelation does not push join condition
into subquery
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-741 DEPENDENCIES
should not be empty
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-743 Source
distributions .tar.gz and .zip should contain identical files
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-747 Use standard
format for .sha1 and .md5 files
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-751 Push aggregate
with aggregate functions through