calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 1.4
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 16:33:42 GMT
Aman’s 714 is in, as is my change 751. Jacques, we’re ready to enter stabilization. Can
you create & push a snapshot?

I’ll continue to trickle in some minor changes (e.g. related to the build) but we should
think carefully before putting in something major at this point. I’d still like to get 705
in.

Julian

> [...]
>> 751 and 794 next release.
>>
>> 783 has been fixed.
>>
>> There is a patch for 705 which I need to review. If the patch isn’t ready,
>> we can push to next release.
>>
>> I am waiting for Vladimir to review my patch for 806.
>>
>> We still need fixes for 687, 741, 743.
>>
>> We should defer 747.
>>
>> When 751 is in (today or tomorrow), I think we should push a snapshot and
>> ask people to test against it.
>>
>> Aman, How are you on 714? We could accept this up to a couple of days
>> after stabilization starts.
>>
>> Julian
>>
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-687 Make
>> RemoteDriverTest.testStatementLifecycle
>> thread-safe
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-705 AvaticaStatement
>> execute method to support DML
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-714 Decorrelation does
>> not push join condition into subquery
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-741 DEPENDENCIES
>> should not be empty
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-743 Source
>> distributions .tar.gz and .zip should contain identical files
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-747 Use standard
>> format for .sha1 and .md5 files
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-751 Push aggregate
>> with aggregate functions through
>> join
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-783 Infer collation of
>> Project using monotonicity
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-794 Detect cycles when
>> computing statistics
>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-806 ROW_NUMBER should
>> emit distinct values
>>
>> On Jul 17, 2015, at 1:10 PM, Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I think freeze on Wednesday (22nd) might be a bit ambitious. I suggest
>>> that we stabilize from Wednesday, post a snapshot, ask people to run
>>> their test suites on that snapshot, and start the first vote the
>>> following Monday (27th).
>>>
>>> I am working on 751 and also 794 and would really like to get these
>>> into the release. I think I can finish by Wednesday.
>>>
>>> We should strongly consider fixing issues raised by incubator PMC
>>> members during the last release vote: 741, 743, 747.
>>>
>>> And I'd love it if we could get 687, 705, 783 into the release, but I
>>> wouldn't hold the release for them.
>>>
>>> Julian
>>>
>>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-687 Make
>>> RemoteDriverTest.testStatementLifecycle
>>> thread-safe
>>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-705 AvaticaStatement
>>> execute method to support DML
>>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-741 DEPENDENCIES
>>> should not be empty
>>> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-743 Source
>>> distributions .tar.gz and .zip should contain identical files

Any