calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Soup <iloves...@gmail.com>
Subject Optiq as sql front-end for MapReduce?
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:20:41 GMT
Hi guys,
Might be a immature question. I'm evaluating different sql front end
codebases to refectory our SQL system on non-hadoop MapReduce. It is
something similar to hadoop but API is not quite the same.
I wonder if Optiq is suitable for it? I knew Cascading and Drill are using
it. Are they using it for generate up to logical plan and write their own
physical plan and operators? And is optiq provide plug-in style for that
layer or we need to hack some code?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,