calcite-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Yash Sharma <yash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding new drill functions to optiq syntax
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 05:52:25 GMT
I would like to take a stab at it.
@Venki/Julian - Is there any existing example where something similar is
done and I can explore it.
Will anyways be exploring the Parser.tdd and CombinedParser.jj .

Thanks.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Julian Hyde <julian@hydromatic.net> wrote:

> Feel free to log an optiq issue to add the necessary templatage. I think
> extension points in NonReservedKeyWord(),  NonReservedJdbcFunctionName()
> and ReservedFunctionName() are required. You could obsolete
> CommonNonReservedKeyWord() — inlining it into ReservedKeyWord() — while you
> are at it.
>
>
> On Sep 23, 2014, at 10:16 AM, Venki Korukanti <venki.korukanti@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Yash Sharma <yash360@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> @Julian - I have sent the pull request. Thanks for handling the
> formatting
> >> and messed up order of keywords.
> >>
> >> @Venki - You were right. The JavaCC Error was occurring because the
> >> functions were already declared in CombinedParser.jj.
> >>
> >> Just another question - Would it be possible to add keywords to
> >> Registered/Non-Registered keywords via Drill directly? What changes
> would I
> >> have to do in the Parser.tdd.
> >>
> > Currently, I don't see a way to do that, but we can add a freemarker
> > variable in Optiq's CombinedParser.jj so that clients have the option to
> > add keywords to reserved function names or non-reserved keyword list.
> >
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >>
> >> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:31 PM, Yash Sharma <yash360@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>> @venki/julian: i have got a limited internet connectivity tonight. Will
> >> do
> >>> it first thing tomm.
> >>>
> >>> Thanks both.
> >>> On 23/09/2014 9:24 pm, "Julian Hyde" <julianhyde@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> It looks good. (You messed up the formatting in one place and added
> >>>> out-of-order to alphabetized lists in several places. I have fixed
> >> these.)
> >>>>
> >>>> Please submit a pull request for your branch and I will commit with
my
> >>>> changes.
> >>>>
> >>>> Julian
> >>>>
> >>>> On Sep 23, 2014, at 3:17 AM, Yash Sharma <yash360@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>>> @Jacques- I would wait for Venki's input. Till then I have created
a
> >>>> patch
> >>>>> for Optiq.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> @Julian/Optiq Dev: Could you please review the commit[1] if
> everything
> >>>>> looks good. Also I am not able to run the test case.
> >>>>> I am using:
> >>>>> $mvn test -Dtest=SqlOperatorBaseTest#testStddevPopFunc
> >>>>> It is not able to recognize the test cases.
> >>>>> Works fine with -DfailIfNoTests=flase flag.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> 1:
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>
> https://github.com/yssharma/incubator-optiq/commit/9a0b063adf91cee78f3d167c002eb07c6fb7b9b2
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Thanks
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@apache.org>
> >>>> wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>>> I believe that Drill also allows addition of reserved words
through
> >>>> some of
> >>>>>> the freemarker inclusions but could be mistaken.  I think Venki
> could
> >>>>>> provide more input if you can't find the spot.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Julian Hyde <
> julian@hydromatic.net
> >>>
> >>>>>> wrote:
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>> On Sep 22, 2014, at 11:07 AM, Yash Sharma <yash360@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Am debugging Optiqand DrillOperatorTable.
> >>>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>> Strangely this works with backticks - as pointed out
by Kryatal in
> >>>>>>>> DRILL-1441
> >>>>>>>> select `covar_pop`(employee_id, employee_id) FROM
> >> cp.`employee.json`
> >>>>>>> limit
> >>>>>>>> 10;
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> See my comments on REPLACE in
> >>>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-1441. The problems
> >>>> relate to
> >>>>>>> using a non-reserved keyword as an identifier.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Regarding COVAR_POP. Probably something similar happening
regarding
> >>>>>>> reserved words being. You should probably add it to
> >>>>>> ReservedFunctionName(),
> >>>>>>> just like VAR_POP and STDEV_POP. That is probably tricky
to do in
> >>>> Drill —
> >>>>>>> so I suggest you contribute an Optiq patch. Be sure to add
tests to
> >>>>>>> SqlOperatorBaseTest along the lines of testVarPopFunc.
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>> Julian
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message