bval-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <mben...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to get a binary for v1.1.0-alpha?
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 19:10:41 GMT
Yes, Bean Validation 1.1 depends on CDI 1.1.  However, the Apache-published
version of the 1.1 BV spec has not yet been formally released, so when
building you'll either need to enable the Apache snapshots repository or
enable the "ri" profile (i.e. -Pri) which will compile against the referenc
implementation's API instead.

HTH,
Matt

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Chris Harris <chris@oneseasonmusic.com>wrote:

> Hi, Matt.
>
> Lol - I had a feeling that you'd say that.
>
> Sure.  I'll give it a try...sometime this week.
>
> My intent is to use the benefits that Bean Validation v1.1 provides
> working with CDI for JSF validation.  I've replaced TomEE 1.6's provided
> MyFaces with MyFaces 2.2 with no issues.  I'm still using the TomEE
> v1.6-provided CDI (1.0).
>
> Will I need to update OpenWebBeans to a CDI 1.1-compliant version as well?
>

> ---
> Chris H. from One Season
>

> On Feb 4, 2014, at 12:18 PM, Matt Benson <mbenson@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi, Chris--the alpha release hasn't been rolled yet, but the bold of heart
> can build the code at http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/bval/branches/bval-11/to give it a
spin.  We'd be grateful for any early feedback you might want