buildr-users mailing list archives

From Pepijn Van Eeckhoudt <>
Subject How does the buildr multi-platform gem spec work?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 22:15:31 GMT
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. I’m trying to build a gem that has a different set of
dependencies depending on whether jruby is the target platform or not. The buildr gem spec
seems to do something like this. The $platform logic is pretty clear, but I’m not seeing
which rake task actually needs to be invoked. The rakefile has a spec method, but which object
is actually calling this? And where is the @spec hash that’s being manipulated defined?
In other words, I’m seeing all the parts, but can’t seem to figure out how everything
is tied together. Can anyone provide some insight into how this works?

View raw message