buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chris Bozic <>
Subject package(:test_jar) doesn't follow maven repo conventions
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 18:27:47 GMT
I am attempting to build a framework project where I need to package and
distribute my tests using buildr to other developers who are using maven
for their projects.

The problem is that package(:test_jar) doesn't seem to follow maven
conventions because the resulting scope in buildr is "test-jar" rather than
maven's scope of "test".   This results in jars that look like
"my-project-1.0-test-jar.jar" rather than "my-project-1.0-test.jar" and is
not compatible with maven repository structures.

I found a work-around for this by using package(:test_jar,
:file=>"my-project-1.0-test.jar") but I have to do this for every test jar
I create.  It seems like a better default behavior for package(:test_jar)
would be to follow the Maven scope name for test jars since Maven's is the
repository format supported by Buildr in repositories.release_to.