buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: NoMethodError : undefined method `project=' for #<Rake::FileTask:0x007fe27290a6d0>
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 00:02:55 GMT
On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Chris Bozic <> wrote:
> I can confirm that adding "project.assets" allows all of my projects to
> package successfully.

It looks like there was actually multiple bugs. Here is the comment
from the commit message:

- The user could define the a task with the same name as the assets
task as we were lazily creating the task. It is now created before the
project is defined.
- The assets integration into the war task was coping the assets from
the source directories rather than the target directory.

If you get bitten by the second one you will need to do something like
the following

package(:war).tap do |war|
  if !assets.paths.empty? || File.exist?(_(:source, :main, :webapp))
    war.include assets.to_s, :as => '.'

Sorry about the hassle. I will look at doing another release in the
near future to address this.

Peter Donald

View raw message