buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: package(:test_jar) doesn't follow maven repo conventions
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2013 01:49:07 GMT

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Chris Bozic <> wrote:
> The problem is that package(:test_jar) doesn't seem to follow maven
> conventions because the resulting scope in buildr is "test-jar" rather than
> maven's scope of "test".   This results in jars that look like
> "my-project-1.0-test-jar.jar" rather than "my-project-1.0-test.jar" and is
> not compatible with maven repository structures.

Based on looking at [1] and playing with maven, it does look like the
classifier should be tests rather than test-jar. Given that we
generally treat variance from maven as a bug so I will fix it for next
release. However in the meantime you can add the following snippet  to
a rake file or the project file

class Buildr::Project
  def package_as_test_jar_spec(spec)
    spec.merge(:type => :jar, :classifier => 'tests')
end if Buildr::VERSION < '1.4.15'

Peter Donald

View raw message