buildr-users mailing list archives

From Khristian Schönrock <>
Subject Using Buildr in other applications
Date Fri, 19 Apr 2013 08:41:33 GMT
I wrote a small ruby app that works as a "artifact repository" of sorts,
and allows me to query my local repository and/or to download artifacts on
demand. I'm using Buildr to access and manipulate the artifacts.
I've got the "query" part down, but the "download on demand" bit is giving
me a bit of trouble. What I tried is:

require 'rubygems'
require 'buildr'

def search_for_artifact(spec)
  art.invoke unless art==nil

This works when the artifact is already present, but fails when it must be
downloaded with "Internal Error: attempting to access local setting before
buildfile located". How can I use this functionality without a buildfile?