buildr-users mailing list archives

From Graham Matthews <>
Subject How do I bundle the class files of a sub-project into a jar that isn't just a manifest?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:26:48 GMT

I have a build file as below, and I am trying to generate one jar per sub-project -- so bundle
the compiled classes into a jar file (i need that since I need to do some specific post-processing
on the jars).

My build file kinda does this, but the jar it generates is just a manifest, and not an actual
jar -- there is nothing in it except the manifest.

I must be missing something obvious, since I have the same problem using Gradle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

require "buildr/openjpa"

include Buildr::OpenJPA

$base = "/Users/graham/Documents/infoforge/build/"
$src = $base + "src/"
$libs = "/Users/graham/Documents_NO_BUP/odslibs/"

$LIB_IRI = file($libs + "iri-0.8.jar")

repositories.remote << ''

define 'killer-app' do

   project.version = "1.0"

   layout =
   layout[:source, :main, :java] = $src + name

   LIBS = Dir[_($libs+"/*.jar")]
   compile.with LIBS

   compile.options.source = "1.7"

   define 'api' do
       package :jar, :id=>'api'

   define 'util' do
       package :jar, :id=>'util'

Graham Matthews

The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted with this message)
may contain proprietary, trade secret or other confidential and/or legally privileged information.
Any pricing information contained in this message (or in any files transmitted with this message)
is confidential and cannot be shared with any third parties without prior written approval
from OrangeDog. This message is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, in any
form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and/or OrangeDog and destroy all copies of this message in your possession,
custody or control.