buildr-users mailing list archives

From Dieter Vrancken <>
Subject Re: combining ivy4r and checkstyle:xml
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:04:04 GMT
Hi Alex,

attached (I hope that is allowed by this list) is a minimal project that demonstrates the
issue. The source code depends on an external library which is retrieved using ivy. Only one
error is reported by checkstyle and it indicates that it does not know about that library.
The project compiles without fail.

I am running this on JRuby 1.7.1, but I don't think that matters. The following command, when
issued from the root folder of the zip, should reproduce my result:

  bundle update; bundle exec buildr clean buildr-checkstyle+ivy:checkstyle:xml

Thanks for looking into it,

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 07:55:05 -0800
Alex Boisvert <> wrote:

> If you can set up a smallish project that exemplifies the issue, I'll see
> what I can do.
> On Friday, January 4, 2013, Dieter Vrancken wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to use the buildr 1.4.9 checkstyle:xml task together with
> > ivy4r 0.12.10. I don't see how I can add the jars resolved by ivy4r to
> > checkstyle:xml's class path. Of course, checkstyle reports "Unable to get
> > class information for ..." for every import it couldn't find.
> >
> > AFAICT, buildr/checkstyle constructs the class path for checkstyle when
> > after_define is executed. At that moment, ivy4r has not resolved the
> > artifacts yet. I don't see how I can change the class path afterwards.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to let the two play together nicely?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dieter

View raw message