buildr-users mailing list archives

From Pankaj Gupta <pan...@brightroll.com>
Subject Increasing heap size for unittests
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 00:58:15 GMT
Hi,

I need to increase the java heap size for my unit tests. These are PigUnit
tests and require a large amount of memory. I'm using buildr gem version
1.4.4.

I've tried putting at top in my build file: ENV['JAVA_OPTS'] ||= '-Xms1g
-Xmx1g'

Also tried:
task 'test' do
    test.with JUNIT
    test.using :java_args => ['-Xmx1024m']
  end

I even tried setting JAVA_OPTS as an environment variable for the buildr
command i.e. JAVA_OPTs=-Xmx1g buildr test

None of these work and I get an out of memory error. I will really
appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in Advance,
Pankaj

--

*P* | (415) 677-9222 ext. 205 *F *| (415) 677-0895 | pankaj@brightroll.com

Pankaj Gupta | Software Engineer

*BrightRoll, Inc. *| Smart Video Advertising | www.brightroll.com

United States | Canada | United Kingdom | Germany

We're hiring<http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a42a12b3580e2060135837631485aa7>
!