buildr-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Bargnesi <>
Subject Re: Customize spec/story path for easyb integration
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:13:43 GMT
"buildr test" now picks up my specification but fails to run it.  The
exception seems to be related
easyb's 'before' method.

Running comparison service specification
There was an error running your easyb story or specification
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method:
sdp.comparisons.impl.ComparisonServiceSpecification.create a new
DefaultComparisonService() is applicable for argument types:
(sdp.comparisons.impl.ComparisonServiceSpecification$_run_closure1) values:
        at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(
        at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.evaluate(
        at org.disco.easyb.BehaviorRunner.main(

I noticed a version discrepancy between the latest easyb and what buildr
defines.  The latest
version of easyb is 1.5 and it located under a different artifact id:

I can't redefine the version because the artifact id has changed.
Also the setting to update

the version is 'jbehave'.

Is there a proper configuration of buildr/easyb that will made my spec
work?  For reference my

spec is defined as:

description "This exercises the guards in ComparisonService API"

before "create a new DefaultComparisonService" {

  service = new DefaultComparisonService()

it "parse API should protect against nulls" {

  ensureThrows(IllegalArgumentException) {

    service.parse (String) null

    service.parse (InputStream) null

it "parse String API should protect against empty string" {

  ensureThrows(IllegalArgumentException) {

    service.parse ""

Anthony Bargnesi