buildr-users mailing list archives

From Odelya <>
Subject Running java jar from buildr - not starting
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:44:43 GMT

In the end of my tasks, I would like to run java's jar.

I wrote the following:

sh "nohup java -jar  engine_dev.jar  \&> /var/log/engine/dev/startengine.log

And I see in the logs that the command is being executed:

nohup java -jar  engine_dev.jar  &> /var/log/engine/dev/startengine.log &

However, the jar does not start.

If I try "java -jar engine_dev.jar " - than the jar starts but in the same
terminal. (jenkins output) so I need the nohup so it will run even if
jenkins logs out of the shell.

If I try the same command with jenkins user (the one that runs buildr) in
the shell - it works just fine.

What could be the problem?

Sent from the Buildr Users mailing list archive at

View raw message