buildr-users mailing list archives

From Damian Monogue <>
Subject Buildr::Unzip and tgz files
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 16:33:07 GMT
Hello everyone.

I was working with one of our developers today, and he mentioned he'd
noticed something odd when building his application. We create a tgz file
at one point during the build process, and then we use that artifact later
on to create a solaris .pkg file. But, when running that tgz through
Builder::Unzip#extract it does not retain permissions.

I went and looked through the docs, and when viewing the source for the
extract method, I notice that the tgz handler has the following commented
out, but the zip handler does not:  entry.restore_permissions = true .

Is this an oversight, or was there some reason for this that I'm not
seeing? While we can probably use a zip and be fine, we would prefer to use

Thanks in advance,