buildr-users mailing list archives

From Chris Guirl <>
Subject Re: buildr and Hadoop
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 19:23:54 GMT
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Peter Donald <> wrote:
> However to be perfectly honest I never ever use transitive
> dependencies. I will explicitly enumerate all the dependencies that I
> eed. It makes it much easier to make the build repeatable. i.e.
> Someone updating a pom on a remote repository will not break my local
> build.

Alright, thanks for the link - I hadn't seen that page or any
surrounding it. Is it linked from the main buildr site somewhere?

> If you wat to do something similar to that you could probably do something like
>  compile.with Dir["/path/to/CDH4/lib/*.jar"]

That's exactly what I needed! It worked perfectly. Thanks so much! I
looked everywhere in the documentation for this, but couldn't find it.
Perhaps an addition is in order?

Here's my buildfile now:

CDH4_MRV1 = Dir["/usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/*"]

# still needed for ant
repositories.remote << ''

desc 'CDH4 Testing'

define 'Test-Hadoop' do
  project.version = VER

  define 'MapReduce-tests' do
    compile.with CDH4_MRV1
    package :jar

Hopefully this will help someone else who is using CDH4. Thanks again
for the help everyone!

View raw message