buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: buildr and Hadoop
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:10:54 GMT

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Chris Guirl <> wrote:
> Does buildr have a way to exclude dependencies? This StackOverflow
> post [1] indicates that someone has solved this issue using Maven's
> ability to define exclusions.

However to be perfectly honest I never ever use transitive
dependencies. I will explicitly enumerate all the dependencies that I
eed. It makes it much easier to make the build repeatable. i.e.
Someone updating a pom on a remote repository will not break my local

> Forgive me for being a naive outsider, but this whole business of JAR
> repositories and dependencies reminds me of RPM dependency hell, and
> just doesn't feel very DRY. At this point, I would really prefer to
> simply write something like
> Java.classpath = ENV['CLASSPATH']

If you wat to do something similar to that you could probably do something like

 compile.with Dir["/path/to/CDH4/lib/*.jar"]

Peter Donald

View raw message